Welcome to the Americana Music Association UK
The Americana Music Association UK (AMA-UK) is a professional trade association representing and advocating for the voice of Americana music in the UK. Our membership comprises musicians, both from the UK and overseas, plus individuals and organisations from all sectors of the music industry, including; agents, promoters, venues, festivals, labels, distributors, retailers, management, touring crew, journalists, broadcasters and publicists.
We are committed to treating all artists and associated parties equally regardless of their gender status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, age or disability. We are always listening and learning from our membership and strive to ensure we provide a safe environment that allows all to feel welcome, safe and able to contribute.
Become a member today
• Support and nurture all artists in the Americana music genre from across the UK and overseas.
• Build a vibrant network of like-minded professionals and businesses to promote Americana music in the UK.
• Foster links to similar networks internationally to support our artists abroad and support International artists when releasing and touring in the UK.
• Achieve greater recognition of the Americana genre in the UK, particularly within the retail and media sectors.
• Develop, educate and champion the genre through an annual events programme, including AmericanaFestUK and the UK Americana Awards.
The Americana Music Association UK was one of the first organisations to sign up to the PRS Foundation Keychange initiative and to achieve complete gender balance at our 2019 and 2020 festivals; furthermore, our gender-balanced board is led by a female CEO. Despite the artistic origins and roots of the Americana genre, there are historically underrepresented groups in our community, which we aim to change. We are committed to taking action to address this imbalance within our board, the Association and the wider Americana Community
Safeguarding the Americana Music Community in the UK - Listening to the Voices of Women